Tuesday, June 17, 2014

CCM: Week One


My first week..... It has been so so long the days feel like months.  I have already learned how to pray in Spanish and give my testimony in Spanish. You learn a lot here. I am the district leader and so I have to lead our district in everything. The people love my last name. This is crazy though, the 3rd day I had to teach my first investigator in Spanish!  I haven't even done that in English yet!  I can read spanish and I already know what people are saying to me. I just can't speak it yet. I study 7 to 8 hours almost everyday. I have already given a blessing to a sister and it felt great. Dad, Happy Father's Day again. Thanks for showing me how to give a blessing. I miss you all so so much. Don't worry about me. Mexico is huge. The weather is awesome here. Everyone else thinks it's hot but it is so nice. I feel like I'm in RIo. The houses here are all smashed together. Also the traffic here is crazy. There are no stop lights or stop signs. I miss you all so much. Chloe have a great time at EFY you will love it!  Also Chloe I know if you serve a mission you will be the best sister ever. Tyler kill it in baseball, you will be the best ever if you work hard. Try your best and make your family proud and send me your email so I can email just you. Halle be safe and have fun growing up. Mom thanks for going on a mission it means the world to me. All of you be safe. I love my district. The computer is junk here. If this is second world I can only think of what Nicaragua is like. The food here is not bad. The gym here is ok, I'm by far the strongest, haha. I just wish I was the best at spanish though. My camera is not working=( I'm going to sent it home. It takes a long time to get things here. I'm doing great. The first week is the hardest I´m told. Well I love you all so much please pray for me to learn spanish. I´m totally safe by the way. Talk to you soon love you all.  
I asked Eric questions in my email to him and here are his answers:
Q: Have you met Elder Brickman Williams?  A: Yes, he is just like Brother Overson and he is the zone leader's assistant
Q: How many missionaries came with you on the plane?  A: 8
Q: What is your companion's name?  A: Elder Shepherd
Q: Where is he from? A: Washington
Q: Do you ever leave the MTC and just walk around the city? A: No
Q: Have you seen anyone from home? A: No
Q: How is spanish going? A: Its hard but I have already learned more here than in 2 years of school                                             
Q: Are you sick from the food?  A: Nope


Eric's Nicaragua District 

Roommates: Elder Bennett, Elder ?, Elder Hironaka, and Companion Elder Shepherd

1 comment: