Monday, August 11, 2014

Masaya Nicaragua Week 9


This week was another great week in the mission. It was cambia (English translation interchange) week, which means you have to sleep over with a different missionary from a different area. I was put with another American missionary named Elder Barlow he has been here for 10 months and told me he never studied or talked for the first five months and he still learned Spanish. That made me happy to hear.

The area we were in was called Idioma. It was awesome. Dad the town was almost the same as the little town, Havasupai in the Grand Canyon. We worked super hard and in one day I myself set 6 baptisms. It was awesome! We had the most that cambia. 

Two days later the Zone Leaders sent me back and I worked with one of the APs in Idioma. I love it there. I set 11 more baptism dates. It was awesome!  I set a new record for new missionaries. I really hope I get called to work in Idioma during my mission.

Also the people of Nicaragua are really funny. Some people come up to you and say, "Hey I want to be baptized can you help me?"  It’s awesome. 

Some other funny things that happened this week was that I found out why you don't just buy something anywhere. I bought a cookie on Saturday and right when I was about to eat it my companion grabbed me and said, "look." The cookie was full and I mean full of hair. Super, super sick looking hair.

Other than that not much more happened this week. I loved getting the Dear Elder Letters.  It really made my day.
It's weird to think that school is already starting. Someone told me that I already have almost 10% of my mission over. It's kind of sad.

Anyway, I love everyone!  Keep me posted on everything.

LOVE YOU
"Look what I bought for $3 American" 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment