Monday, September 22, 2014

Masaya Week 15


It's your friendly neighborhood Elder, 

Q) Did you get my package? A) yes
Q) How many investigators do you have? A) 26
       
I am so sorry for last weeks email, it was unacceptable and really short. I am trying to write things on a paper everyday so at the end of the week I can send a really good letter. I got to say though this week was a fast week.

We contacted a ton. We have a lot of investigators but not any good ones, haha. It's really different here in my mission. We are taught that the first time we meet someone we should try to set a baptism date and then set up another meeting with them, haha. It super funny because It's like I say, "HI my name is Elder Hironaka our message can help you in everything in you life. Will you be baptized?" haha. That's really how it is.

OK, also this week on Thursday my companion told me we would be working with a member for the whole day. This was odd because I have worked with members before but it was only for a 1-hour or 2. He also would not tell me who the member was. When I saw whom the member was I almost died. It was my last companion who finished the mission a month ago. It was great to see him but also was super weird to see him not in his missionary clothes. But we worked hard and had a great time.

Also this week was my first multi zone meeting. It was great and I learned a lot. The only thing was that it was 8 hours long so I was tired. I also got to see some other people from the MTC, which was fun. We have a progressed so much. One person in my group even has lost 30lbs! That's a lot, right? 

The best part of the whole trip though was that at the end I got a huge box. It was my fist package from home. I almost broke down and cried right there. No. But I was super happy to receive it. I love all the stuff that was in it. The best part were the letters. Also I was super happy when I saw 15 Dear Elder letters from my Mom but then came to find out they were only work outs, haha. [ cross fit exercises from cousin Melissa] A little depressing.

Also so I made another friend here named Marco. He is super funny and he is also only 12 years old. He loves to rap and his favorite rapper is Will Smith. He always likes to sing the theme song The Fresh Prince of Bel Air song. I'm going to make a music video with him one of these days.

Well Spanish is Spanish. It's really getting old not being fluent, but I keep telling my self that Rome wasn't built in a day, haha. I am nearing the end of the Book of Mormon so this will really be a test of my faith. I feel when I do finish it I will be.

Well I'm 200lbs now and I think im going to stay there. We got a new lunch cita, which is awesome. She has been giving us a bunch of food. She has been cooking for the missionaries for 6 years. She shared her testimony with me and said even though she is poor, ever since she started feeding the missionaries her family has never gone with out. It was really cool to hear her say that.

Also something cool, I know how to wash clothes by hand, NICA style. It's super cool and fun and gives you a little workout.

And talking about workout I have added more to my workout program haha. I run a mile in the morning. My companion wanted to start running in the morning so we have. And it's great, but its like free running because the streets are crap and have obstacles.

Cultural things for the week include: people here carry things on there heads like in the movies, which is kind of cool but different. Also I feel bad to say this but in American people really don't take schooling serious. Here all the kids love school and all of them are trying super hard to learn English. I remember when I was in school and would sleep in Spanish class. (I was so bad). Another thing that is funny in Nicaragua is that there is a place called Blue Fields. Its funny only black people live there and they speak a different language. The people here call the language Mosquito because it's annoying to listen to, haha. Guess what language it really is? ENGLISH!

Also another funny thing that happened this week was that, during a lesson we were teaching I heard something that sounded like a person peeing and I looked up and the 8 year old boy just un did his pants a went to the bathroom in the middle of the house! haha!  Also, the weather is super hot so it’s not uncommon to wipe your head. Anyway, when the women wipe their head you get to have a great look at their long armpit hair! haha. I mean I know this is a 3rd world country but when your leg and armpit hair are long enough to take a machete to you have a big problem. Also nose picking its not bad here, everyone does it. When a missionary goes home the people make him a, 'look alike' piñata.

I LOVE YOU AND I PRAY FOR YOU EVERYDAY! BE SAFE.

A look alike piñata for missionaries going home



Me and Marco



Want stuff?




No comments:

Post a Comment