Monday, November 10, 2014

San Miguel Week 22


Buena’s Dias Madera!
Another week passed in the best mission in the world, haha. I can’t wait, in1 month I can talk to you! I’m so excited to see everyone. You have no Idea. Well maybe you do. Anyway, I’m so happy to hear Tyler is doing better and that he is going to make a full recovery.
 I’m going to start again by talking about my investigators. The first family I want to talk about is a family named Gamboa. They are the family with 5 kids. Anyway we baptized the parents this week. It was super sweet and the family was so happy and so excited. And being the white guy that I am for their wedding I bought them a huge cake, which was only 20 dollars, but for here that was a really big thing and it was really awesome. I loved seeing their faces after they were baptized. 
The other investigator we have right now is a woman named Melba. She is a real nice lady and has been an investigator for a year. She knows everything about the lessons and already has a testimony. The only thing about her is she is living with a member man who doesn’t want to get married because it’s a tradition in the family not to get married. How stupid is that? Right. Anyway, we’re going to work with them this week really hard to get them married.
Also this week was a week of divisions for me. I worked one day with the district leader. And don’t worry I wasn’t in trouble he just has to work with us every 4th week in a change. But it was great. After that day the next day I worked with a member who is a returned missionary who met his wife I the field. (Who does that sound like?) He is a great member and has said over and over again that once you’re a missionary, you’re always a missionary.
This week was also a great week for the language. I can just about understand everything being said which is awesome. Also for me it’s easy to talk in present tense and future tense but past tense is a different story. But reading the book of Mormon out loud has really helped me a lot.
Ok I’m going to go into more depth about my companion. He is the baby of his family and all of his brothers and sisters have severed missions. His family is a family of 6 and a one time they had 3 kids out on missions at the same time. My companion is very well known in the mission but it’s for unfortunate things. This is his second mission. His first mission was in El Salvador. He has moved missions because he had big problems with leaders in his last mission. The sad thing is he didn’t learn a lot from it because the leaders here don’t like him either. I feel the reason President put me with him is because President needs me to help him but also make the relationship with the people in the ward better in this area. I think I’m doing a good job because the ward mission leader says he and others in the ward feel  that I want to strengthen the ward. So I guess this is good for me.
I love my mission and I am learning more and more everyday I hope everyone is doing better. Tyler, I know you’re going to get better. You’re all in my prayers. I think of you everyday. LOVE YOU GUYS PLS BE SAFE:

 Q) Please tell me you received your package. A) Nope
      I’ll be totally bummed if you have not.  A) Me too
Q) How about the Dear Elders are you getting them? A) No
Q) Are you hot? I heard summer is coming? A) Yes it is summer right now
Q) Can you see the pictures I email? A) Yep, I love them!
Q) Are you sure you want Toms and do you know what they are? A) Yes I know   
     What they are. Haha
Q) Eric, why aren't you buying the 3 gallon purified water? Parasites could ruin you for life. A)     HAHA I love you and mom parasites are part of the mission! Haha!  I am. We buy a 5 gallon every week and I still have my filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment