Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Bello Amancer Week 32


Hey everyone! Today I thought I would take time to share a more spiritual experience with you. The past couple of weeks I have talked a lot about Bryan. Today I’m going to go into depth about him. So, one day we were contacting houses, when my companion said he had a reference that lived near by. So, we went to the house to look for a woman named Pala. At the door we were greeted by a 14-year-old boy who was half naked and only had boxers on. You could tell this kid had a drinking problem but he was sober enough to understand. When he told us she was not home my companion told him goodbye. But, I had the feeling to talk to him more. I found out that he loved fixing bikes, skate boarding, and talking to girls. Anyway, I programed another meeting with him for the next week. The 2nd meeting we had with him went great and we even got to meet his Mom and two sisters. It turns out his Mom is a member, but when she was 9 her family left the church. She doesn’t recall the reason why. We talked to them and the sister said she wanted to investigate the church a little bit. So, we worked with them all and helped Bryan to stop drinking, the mom to come back to the church, and the sister named Helen to learn more. This last week we met the Dad. He is a strong Catholic man. Anyway, this last Tuesday my companion was supposed to get permission to baptize them. (He was with a member working, while I was working in a different area with two new Elders in my district.) Something told me to go back to my area. I don’t know why but something told me go back. So, I went back to my area. When I got to the house my companion was sitting there sad but kind of scared looking. I asked him what’s up and he said the Dad said no, and that Bryan couldn’t be baptized. He told me he thought it would be better if I tried talking with him. So, I talked with the Dad. It’s hard to describe but my words were made clearer and my voice felt more powerful. I explained to him why I’m here. I told him that I was not from here and that I live millions of miles away and I’m 18. I left home for my mission because I knew the importance of families. I told him that because of Jesus Christ and baptism we could enter in the kingdom of God and live together forever. After he gave us permission and Bryan was baptized this week. 
I know that what Nephi 3:7 says is true and the things that He wants us to accomplish He will prepare away. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon I know its true.

LOVE YOU GUYS! Be safe talk to you guys next week!!!!

Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Eric clarified in his Dad’s letter a couple of weeks ago that the yearly mission goal for baptisms is 1600. (Not the monthly goal.)
Bryan


Today we played baseball


No comments:

Post a Comment