Monday, January 12, 2015

Bello Amanecer Week 31


Well it’s your friendly neighborhood Elder Hironaka haha. Well I have a lot to report on this week haha. THIS WAS THE WEEK OF CHANGES!!!!!

I want to start out by saying I love everyone and miss everyone so much and hope everything is going great. Its weird to see how fast this is going but it also feels like time back home is going even faster. It’s fun to see the progress of everyone.

Anyway, well changes... I’m not training I’m still with my companion which is good and bad haha, but I’ll talk about that a little later. The only news I received this last week was that I’m the new DL in a new district. The other thing that is also a little stressful is that it is one of the biggest districts in the mission with 8 people. So yes, it’s a little stressful but is fun and I’m learning a lot fast. This week I had to talk to lawyers about divorces, lead the ward correlation meeting, and plan a wedding, all for other Elders in my district. Fun, but a lot of work.

I’m happy to say I’m also going to have one baptism this week and next week. It’s been super cool getting to know this family. The Mom is a member but when she was 9 her dad made her leave the church. I remember the first time I talked to her she told me she had been waiting for the Elders to come to her house to teach her and her family. So, this week her son Bryan will get baptized. I can’t wait to send pictures about that.

Renaldo is the other man we are teaching right now. He is the most interesting investigator I have ever had. He has been apart of every religion. He knows so much about the scriptures it’s crazy. A funny story is that he was a Jehovah witness but they didn’t like his questions he had for them so they told him that he couldn’t ever come back to their church. But he likes our church and I think we will baptize him with time.

Well, I said my companion didn’t have changes, right. Well I’m going to explain why this is good and bad. It’s good because I think it would be hard to be a new DL with a new guy who I would have to train. So I’m happy he is here in that sense. The thing that is bad is that he is staring to be a little bit lazier. And he is still really scared to express himself. I guess that something my mission has really started to teach me is that if you want to be successful you need to always be confident. I think that is something that will really help me in my life.

OK funny story time.  This week we were teaching this family and my companion as a joke said, “give some chocolate milk,” to the little girl who was 4 years old. Anyways she said, “NO” and ran off and about 10 minutes later she came back with a big glass of chocolate milk and said here drink. So, my companion took the chocolate milk a started drinking when all of the sudden he spit the milk everywhere! He said what is this and the little girl stared laughing and said it’s my brother’s milk. Her brother is a baby. HAHA my companion drank breast milk hahahahhaha....

Anyways that was the fun story. Mom I wanted to say I love you and please be safe, ok! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

1) What do you like most about Nicaragua? Teaching the Gospel
2) The Nica. North missionary mom's are talking about their missionaries running out of Book of Mormons. (My email group) Is that happening to you? Not any more!!=)





No comments:

Post a Comment