Monday, June 22, 2015

Las Palmas Managua Week 54

This week was awesome. We had a baptism. Her name is Jessica and she has been a great example to me. She really puts the Lord first in her life. Her family is far from wanting to be members. They didn't support the baptism and thought it was weird that she would always leave the house on Sunday. She is 18 years old so she didn't need to ask her parents to be baptized. Even though her family was very against the whole idea she was happily baptized with a smile on her face.

We are also teaching a young man named Jorge. Jorge is sweet. He found us and told us he wanted to become a part of our church. It turned out his Dad is a member and had a bad drinking problem. After the missionaries taught him however, he never had the desire to drink again. Jorge wants to follow in his father’s footsteps and be baptized. He also has a drinking problem but is taking care of it a little and has started to stop. I can’t wait to see what happens and were he goes in the future.

This week the Sisters in my zone had another marriage. They really kick butt, and I don't know if I told you, but one of them is Rachel T's best friends. Anyway I had my hands full with that this past week. I love weddings but with all the new laws it is getting harder and harder. The people at the law firm like me though and the people at the records. They almost know how to say my name I have been in there so much.

This week my companion got sick so I had to go and do divisions with someone. Everyone in my ward was busy so I called someone from Bello Amanacer to come and help me. It was fun talking to my little buddy Christen again. Also I don't know if I told you but a lot of people from Bello have come and visited me here. They bring me food because they say they are worried about me. I'm very well fed. I still miss them very much and I'm very happy to see that they are all still progressing and getting better. I have heard now that almost all of my converts over there now have callings!!!! It's awesome to hear that.
                                                       


This next week is changes! I'm not getting changed because I have to train the new ZL that is going to come here. My son however Elder Redd is leaving for sure. I am proud of him. He is going to be a great missionary. Also my other son Elder Jovel That I trained in Bello is just ripping it up. His Zone Leader told me he is going to baptize 6 to 7 people this month!!!! I was like  WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!! Really though, it's awesome to hear when the people you trained are doing awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment