Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 86

This week was a pretty relaxing week... Well maybe not relaxing, but I'm getting into the swing of things. This week started off by having a multi-mission conference with the north mission, which was a joy.  We as well had a training meeting, and visited a lot of zones in the mission to help them out with baptisms. 

So, the 70 that came to visit us was Elder Christensen. He spoke to us on baptizing people that have been converted to the gospel. We are to help people understand better, that the baptism is the start of the journey and not the end. I really enjoyed his talk and learned some very good points. After he left we to a place call Asados. 

The next day we had training for the new missionaries and their trainers. It went good and I felt we taught them a lot. After the meeting was over we had to run all the way out to Juigalpa!!!! Juigalpa is on the other side of Lake Managua. It was a 3-hour drive out there and to get back we had to pass by other areas in the mission. In total the trip was 8 hours!! It was crazy and I think that the drive may have been the longest drive I have driven... 

Speaking of driving my companion has started his driver’s course and is going to be behind the wheel starting Tuesday!! Don't worry, I won't be in the car when he is practicing.  I'm excited to see how he does. The test here is a lot harder than the States and it has to be in stick!! Yep, no automatic.... I'm praying for him. 

This week has been a crazy week as far as baptisms go. We have a lot as a mission and to make sure everything goes smoothly, we have been visiting everyone. This past Thursday I went to Elder Anderson's zone to help him out. He is in a zone called Los Pueblos. My second area in my mission was in the Los Pueblos zone, and I was in San Miguel. Elder Velasquez and I had 7 converts there. I was only there for 1 change but I really did love it. When I went to visit this Thursday a bunch of members and all the converts were happy to see me. They all want we to come back and to see their families!!! Because most of them now have a year being members they are looking forward to going to the Temple. Most of them already have, and they loved it!  

This next week is going to be a big week as well. 

I love you guys very much and I hope everything is going well! Be safe in everything that you guys do. Please be safe!


I know and can testify that this is the church of Jesus Christ. It’s the church that He established that holds the knowledge to have eternal families and can wash us clean from our sins. I know Our loving Father In Heaven sent us His son to teach us, love us, help us, and die for us. I'm grateful for His sacrifice and know that even though I have had trials and that I will continue to have trials, I can be saved, if I have faith. (1 Peter 1:5-7).  I know that Joseph Smith was called of God and that he saw The Father and The Son. I know today our beloved prophet; Thomas S. Monson leads and guides the church. That he too is called of God and receives revelation for all of us.  I know and have had the pleasure of seeing the hand of Our Heavenly Father’s in the lives of those who I have taught. I know the Book of Mormon is the liahona of our lives and can guide us and can build us up in our time of need. I know these things are true, and say them in the name of the Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment