Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 88

Hey guys! So what a week it has been... Full of running around to all the zones with President and Sister Russell. Every three months every missionary has an interview with President Russell. This week we visited 4 zones Carazo, Los pueblos, Masaya, and Sandino. It was awesome being able to see all the missionaries and how they are doing. This week we were able to work a good little bit in our area and today we were able to see the results of our hard work, as many people came to church. It was a pretty good week.

The interviews like I was explaining are a little long. President Russell takes the time to speak to missionaries and help them out if they have any questions. The interviews sometimes can be a little bit long and when there are a lot of people to be interviewed you can just imagine how long the day can be at times!!! During this time I leave with Sister Russell and one of the ZLs to check all the houses to see if they are safe and clean. Mom, you will be happy to know that Sister Russell has the same desire as you to have a clean house!!!! I mean we need to dust everything scrub down a lot of things and be organized. If the house is clean than Sister Russell gives Brownies!!!! Let me tell ya, those things are like heaven after eating rice and beans every single day!!! A funny story we had when we were looking at houses was with a ZL who is really really blunt haha. He is one of those guys who are like why go camping when you have your own bed type of guy. He is an awesome missionary but it funny to see a germ freak in a 3rd world country hahaha!!! Anyway, the Latinos always have a ton of deodorant. And I’m talking like 6 glasses full of deodorant.  Well this ZL would frequently comment, "No wonder the companionship didn’t contact a lot because people took sniff and crossed the street haha." Also another funny thing that he said was that, “some people here are more confused than Adam and eve on mothers day" haha. It was a fun day.

After the interviews for this week my companion and me worked in our area. We have many people that are progressing really well. We hope that we will be able to baptize 7 people by the end of this month!!! This last week we found a man named Francisco. He is awesome and really is changing his life to life in the guidelines of our Loving Heavenly Father. We found Francisco from a reference we received from a member. It has been so easy to teach him because of the help we have received from this member. President Gordon B. Hinckley said there are 3 things a convert needs to stay active. Those things are a friend, a calling, and to keep receiving the word of God. Something helpful that I have seen from my time in the mission is that before a person is baptized if they have a friend that is helping them along the way they will be more open to learn about the gospel and will then later be able to receive the wonderful blessings from are loving father in heaven!!

SO that was my week!!!

Q) Do you think you have changes coming up? A) PERSONALLY I think I will have changes. Reason being is I leave right before President Russell leaves and I think he will put a new assistant in now so he won’t be new when the new President comes in. IDK the exact date of changes. You don’t get to pick where you go but if I can I’m going to pick an area where I can work really hard and I would hope to be training as well!!!

Q) Any requests for your last package? A) I would love little flags from AZ haha to give to them out, haha.

Q) When do you want to come back to Nicaragua with your family after your mission? A) I’m good to come back to Nicaragua when you guys want!!!

I Love you guys BE SAFE!!!

Elder Hironaka!!!

Happy Valentines Day Mommy! I love you

Q) Do you think you have changes coming up? A) PERSONALLY I think I will have changes. Reason being is I leave right before President Russell leaves and I think he will put a new assistant in now so he won’t be new when the new President comes in. IDK the exact date of changes. You don’t get to pick where you go but if I can I’m going to pick an area where I can work really hard and I would hope to be training as well!!!

Q) Any requests for your last package? I would love little flags from AZ haha to give to them out, haha.

Q) When do you want to come back to Nicaragua with your family after your mission? A) I’m good to come back to Nicaragua when you guys want!!!

I Love you guys BE SAFE!!!

Elder Hironaka!!!

Happy Valentines Day Mommy! I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment