Sunday, April 24, 2016

Best adventure of my life...

Well it's crazy how time flies! I know that it's weird to think about, but two years ago at this time I was just getting ready to finish high school. I remember unlike the other kids in my class who were planning college or jobs,  I had a mission call!  
I remember being really excited but being indescribably nervous.  This adventure has been the best adventure of my life and has taught me so much as a person and as son of my Father In Heaven.

This week there was changes and NO Mom I didn't have changes. I'm fortunate  to have the privilege to finish my mission being the assistant to President Russell. One of the Elders in my own zone went to go to another zone and my companion remained the same.

Another big event that took place this week was the return of Elder Bachez!!!! Elder Bachez is a convert from Guatemala. He arrived in Nicaragua on July 22, 2014 with me!! After 3 changes of being in the field he returned home due to family and sickness problems. Now after 18 months he has returned to his mission here in Nicaragua. President Russell told me if Elder returns to his mission he is very blessed and returns with his sight set on working hard. Now Elder Bachez is in my area and we worked together yesterday. He is an out standing missionary.

This week we also were able to have another miracle happen in our mission. We have a great Elder in our mission. He is an out standing teacher and really loves the people. This week his grandmother was baptized.  After more than 60 years knowing and hearing about the church, she finally was baptized. It's amazing what blessings families of missionaries can receive. Reminds me of a great scripture found in Matt 19: 26 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

On another note I had a great spiritual moment this week in my area. It was 8:57 PM and we were returning home when I glanced and saw an older man washing dishes in the front of his house. At that moment I felt a feeling in me saying YOU NEED TO TALK TO THIS GUY!!!!! I went to his gate and said Hi. He invited us in and started asking questions. His name is Valentine. He recently had a surgery on his pelvis and he in his own words was looking for peace. He came to church today and really loved the art in the church.

The month of May is going to be my best month of my mission!  I love you guys very much and hope for the best for each and every one of you. Be safe! 

Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment