Monday, May 30, 2016

Missionary Testimony

It's hard to write and really express my feelings of this great adventure I have been on. I would like to share with you my testimony. 

Before my mission I felt and thought I had a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Throughout my life I was fortunate to be blessed with great teachers and mentors who taught me good principles and lessons. In a way I was able to create my testimony before my mission based on listening to others. The great miracle of my mission is that I have obtained my own testimony.   

I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is the word of God as well as the Bible. I know its message has been written for each and everyone of us and can answer all of our questions. I'm a witness that as the book says, the way will always be prepared for us to accomplish the will of our loving Father In Heaven. He will always prepare a way for us to choose the right and keep the commandments. I know that we lived with Our Father In Heaven before this earth and that we choose to come here to be tested. I know at times obstacles and trails in life can feel unbearable, but we need to remember the message in the scriptures. From 1 Cor. 10:13 we read that all that the trials we confront, we can conquer. We will be able to overcome all things. I'm eternally grateful to Our Father In Heaven who sent Jesus Christ who atoned for each and every one of us. I have learned no one is perfect and that we all make mistakes. At times when we think no one knows how we feel. We need to remember that our loving brother Jesus Christ does and that he suffered all of our pains and afflictions. I know that He loves us and that He knows better than we do in all things. I know He lives. I know Joseph Smith Saw The Father and The Son. That he restored the church of Jesus Christ. I know that because of his hard life that he lived made it easy for me to be apart of this church today. I’m grateful for the faith he had to ask Our Father which church was true. I know like Joseph Smith that our beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson is called of God and that he receives revelation for each of us. I know in this life that with the help of Our Father In Heaven and if we have faith we can do all things. There will always be those who say you can’t or that your goal is impossible. I have found that those who doubt you usually are those who know you can and are scared you will complete your goals. With hard work and faith you can do anything. I know and I testify, because I have seen the hand of God touch peoples hearts that these things are true and that He loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Your friendly Neighborhood Elder, Elder Hironaka 


No comments:

Post a Comment