Sunday, May 1, 2016

With God nothing is impossible

Hey family!!!! What's up it's your friendly neighborhood Elder Hironaka! I'm excited to have the chance to talk to all of you this week. This week was full of trainings and finding a lot of new people. 
So to kick off this week we had the DL training meeting.I remember when I received the same training and I remember learning a lot. President Russell taught.  I enjoyed listening to him as he gave great examples of leaders in the scriptures. He spoke about many prophets and kings in the Book of Mormon,. The leader he spoke about the most that caught my attention was Nephi. He explained that Nephi was a great follower as he was a leader. His father was a prophet of the Lord and he listened and did the things his father taught. Nephi as well showed that he was steadfast and unmovable. Like us today he could have easily followed what everyone else was doing or not have said anything when he knew the things that others where  doing were wrong. Nephi, stood for following the things of the Lord. I know today from personal experience that it is hard to be the person to say no or not follow the rest of the group to be cool. However, I do know that when we choose the right we will be filled with the sprit.
The next morning we gave the 7-week training meeting. It's amazing to see how some Elders and Sisters can learn Spanish and how to teach in 7 weeks. The group we taught was a smaller group full of American Sisters. They did awesome and I can see they are going to have a lot of success in the future.  I was very impressed in the one practice I saw of them. They were putting baptisms date and the investigator responded that they were already baptized. It was very impressive to see a new Sister explained  Acts 19:1-6.  She showed that we need to be baptized in the sprit not only by water and that to do so we need to be baptized again. I was really impressed to hear that from a new sister from the US. It was very good. My mission president always shares an example I rather like that I think I have never shared with you guys. I have heard this example before in the mission but didn't know it was true. It's about a bubble bee. A bubble bee breaks the laws of science. The bubble bee shouldn't be able to fly at all. The body is way to fat for their legs. It’s body is unlike other bees or hornets as it is not aero dynamic at all. It has small legs, eyes, head, and wings. By all laws of science it shouldn't be able to fly. But, as we all know the bubble bee does fly. The message of the story that our President wants us to understand is that in life and in all things there will be people that say you can't or that it's impossible for you to do something. But like the Bubble bee, who cares what other people say. You can do anything and with the help from the Lord all things can be done.
The third day was the ZL counsel meeting. In this meeting we discuss how our zones are doing what they achieved in the prior month and what our goals are for the next month. I'll be the first to say we are really setting a high goal for the month of  May. 
This week was awesome as well as we were able to have the chance to meet two more investigators. Their names are Dani and Elisa. They are very kind and have heard a lot about the church.  I hope they progress and enter into the kingdom of God. The two families we are teaching are doing great as well. I'm super excited for both of their baptisms and marriages which are this week.
Well I would like to end by saying I know this work is the work of God. I know that as sons and daughters He hears and listens to our prayers. I know that like the brother of Jared that we need to do our best and our part and after have faith that our Father In Heaven will do the rest. I know and can testify that every time we feel something is impossible if we pray Our Father In Heaven will help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment